3.5.12

Sexyback. Not.

Hi ya! 
Last night while watching BBC's wonderful adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma, I finally finished knitting this back piece for a cardigan.

I think I did alright for a beginner, yes?

Unfortunately not a very neat K1P1 ribbing here.

Close up of the armhole shaping.

Pattern is from here if you want to give this a go but I would like to warn my fellow beginning knitters out there that this pattern is written in a very general language. Which means it assumes that you already know the right type of decreases for armhole shaping and all that basic techniques in garment knitting. But don't let me dissuade you. We all know that internet is a wonderful thing and Google has all the answers.

Yes, I am one of those Google-dependant people. I google almost everything. And one day if my child were to ask me the ever so mysterious question of how babies are made, all I have to say is: Google it.

I think I should start on the front piece of this cardigan now.
Have a good day everyone!

12 comments:

  1. you one crazy hooker!eh knitter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks excellent! Can't wait to see the finished thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Eh size M? Apa dah jadi, bukan kau pakai XS ka?

      Delete
    2. yup. skrg sudah taff. ketul otot sana sini

      Delete
    3. Rasa one of The Avengers lah kau tek?

      Delete
  4. Cardigan? Wow.. have fun finishing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saya budak baru belajar ni kak hehe. But I must admit it is a very fun thing to knit :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Did Ken! I used acrylic yarn from Vera Moda. It didn't feel too nice on skin though - should've used soft acrylic or cotton for garment. Ah well we all learn from our mistakes :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...